Okay, fannish things out of the way first before super fun survey time.
I was totally excited for Supernatural to win Best TV Drama and Best Sci Fi/Fantasy Show at the People’s Choice Awards. But then I found out the boys didn’t even get invited to the awards show so I didn’t bother watching. Last Friday’s episode turned me into a giant ball of squee though. Jason Dohring guest starred as a god of time while Nick Lea (Krycek from X-Files!) played Eliot Ness. Yes, that Eliot Ness. And he was a hunter! I pretty much spent the entire hour flailing around in happiness.
This Saturday was a massive weekend of football. The last few minutes of the 49ers game nearly gave me a heart attack, but it made me feel less lame for liking Alex Smith all these years. And Vernon Davis sobbing on the sidelines with joy would melt even the coldest hearts. The game was amazing, and after that I got to watch Tim Tebow get knocked around so hard his sternum separated from his rib cage and busted a lung. I don’t know how I was able to watch that entire game. As a friend said, it was like watching someone club a baby seal as abandoned penguin babies cried on the sidelines.
Sunday I helped run an open house in Redwood City, then went home where the finale of Sherlock pretty much left me an emotional wreck. I knew what was going to happen, but the way it all went down pretty much gave me emotional whiplash. I caught myself watching with my mouth hanging open several times. I don’t know how many times my mom and I have rewatched the ending trying to figure out how he did it (I’m not posting spoilers here, haha). If I actually have to wait 18 months for the next series again I’m going to have a fit.
Survey time commence now:
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
I usually sleep in as late as I possibly can before going out for lunch and some lite shopping with my mom. Then we go home and I get into comfy clothes, settling in with a movie or my Kindle. I tend to leave Friday night for friends and Saturday for family, but if I’m feeling spontaneous I switch it up 😉
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
- Supernatural – I got into it for the pretty boys and stayed for the awesome. How many shows on television have killed off all their main characters, brought them back to life, and had a season finale centered around stopping the apocalypse?
- Doctor Who – I can’t be a nerd and not watch this. Time traveling alien in a British police box that’s bigger on the inside? Who wouldn’t want to watch that?
- Sherlock – I really wish there were more than three episodes a year, but it’s so good I had to put it on the list. If I wasn’t still obsessing over the finale it would have been a harder choice between this and White Collar. Plus I like saying Benedict Cumberbatch’s name.
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Take them, definitely. Otherwise all those photography classes in college were a waste. Now I’m starting to think I should buy a nice camera and not use my iPhone all the time.
4) Why do you blog?
Mainly because it’s fun and sometimes a way for me to get my babbling out without annoying people 😉 Seriously though, I’ve enjoyed the friendships and communities I’ve built through blogging in the past and hope for the same on WordPress. It helps me use my artsy side too and gets me thinking about my life.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
Wow I’m boring.
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
Only one? Are the rest being sent to a desert island? Lol. I think I’m going to leave this one blank, just because I’ve always been one of those people who can’t pick who her best friend is. Then again Buster Posey just joined Twitter…
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
- Hot cheetoes
- Chips and ranch dip
- Frozen yogurt
- Goldfish crackers
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
Yes those are chocolate covered potato chips. Don't judge me.
Nope. I just take my neighbor’s dog when I’m having puppy withdrawal 😛
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
- my iPad
- my iPod
- my iPhone
Might as well keep this question Apple themed 😉
10) What’s your favorite drink?
Tea! I drink around two to three cups a day of Earl Grey.
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
I drink so much tea my mom got me this for Christmas.
It depends. Sometimes I do and sometimes I’m tired.
12) Do you have children?
No no no no no no no. That’s a ways off still.
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
- listening to music
- sports (mainly baseball and hockey)
- hanging out with friends and family
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
I used to be super shy, and I still am sometimes but I think I became a lot more outgoing in college.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
Just kidding. I think probably to be a bit more spontaneous in my day to day life.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I have so many! At the moment I guess I’m pretty into Andrew Garfield, Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch. I like my Brits.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
I worked all week. I finally started putting together the massive collage for my room. I guess that was pretty cool.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
I live with my parents still. Stupid recession.
19) List three of your talents.
- I think my empathy makes me a good listener
- I hope I’ve become a decent writer. I’m in the process of editing the first draft of my novel right now.
- I can wiggle my ears 😛
20) What is your greatest attribute?
Probably that I’m generally a caring person, and I like to make those around me happy.